[Python-Dev] *grumble* wchar.h

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Feb 8 16:12:00 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Dang.  Okay, I'll add that back in.  Is there a more authoritative online
> source for this stuff than what I stumbled upon?

You mean, except for the standard itself, and including historical
aspects?

http://wwwold.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/newinc9x.htm

gives the history. As this is a document of the standards working
group, it is pretty accurate. A bit more elaboration is from
Clive Feather, who is one of the authors of standard C:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/na1.html

It appears that this site lists a lot of useful material:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/

Notice that, by ANSI procedures, many ISO standards also become
ANSI standards - so C99 is an ANSI standard as well. Therefore,
a claim "ANSI C has wchar.h is equally right *and* wrong".

Regards,
Martin