[Python-Dev] zapped several unsupported bits - now would be a good time to test

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 9 17:21:01 EST 2004

Michael Hudson wrote:
> There were a small bundle of bug reports from a guy with libc5 a week
> or so back, so there's at least some interest in that.  OTOH, I don't
> feel like putting all that much effort into fixing the problems he
> reported (most of them were failry shallow, I think).

So would you propose to "unsupport" Linux with libc 5? By PEP 11 rules,
this would become "unsupported" in Python 2.4, with the possibility of
revival if a volunteer steps forward.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. I don't like to call this "We deprecate libc5", because we are in
no position to decide the future of libc5 (we are not maintaining it
in the first place). Instead, we just stop supporting it.