[Python-Dev] Another big ANSI-fication change - another good chance for testing

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 12:00:33 EST 2004

I just checked in changes to a fair number of files to no longer test for
the presence of header files required by ANSI C (C89).  I ran the test suite
successfully on Mac OS X (gcc 3.3) and Solaris 8 (gcc 2.95.3).  On Mandrake
8.1 (gcc 3.0.1) I had some trouble with tests related to the bsddb package,
but I was having those same problems before applying my changes.  Once I can
do a cvs up again I'll try cygwin as well.

Obvious stuff I couldn't check: Windows, OS/2, RISCOS.  (The handcrafted
pyconfig.h files for all changed.)

Please give it a whirl.

Skip