[Python-Dev] python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31[rough draft]

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Thu Feb 19 21:32:49 EST 2004

> > From: Josiah Carlson
> >
> > I don't know if you want to mention the fact that it was rejected by
> > Guido.
>
> Actually, that's exactly the right thing to mention - it has been rejected after all.
>
> There's no problem with including a sample implementation with the final version of the PEP, and there's nothing stopping people using it, but it's important that people know it's been rejected and will not be in the standard library. Especially since the final version of the PEP is not yet up, and it hasn't been moved to the 'Rejected' section yet.

I didn't expect there to be a problem with offering a standard
implementation, for those who wish to use one.

In the final version, there will be mention of the fact that it /has/
been rejected, including a reference to the post where Guido rejected it.
That portion has already been done.  I need to finish the module with a
proper set of names for the objects.  I'm still getting replies to a
survey I did of all previous supporters.

 - Josiah