[Python-Dev] PEP 326

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Sat Feb 21 19:49:17 EST 2004

Hey python-dev-ers,

As an update, I've just submitted my final changes to PEP 326, along
with a link to my recommended implementation.  The latest version of the
PEP (until it gets updated in CVS) is available here:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jcarlson/pep326/pep-0326.html

The implementation will be available at the below link until I finish
grad school:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jcarlson/pep326/extremes.py

As suggested by Andrew P. Lentvorski Jr. off-list, the names of the
singletons are UniversalMaximum and UniversalMinimum, due to their
self-documenting nature.  If anyone doesn't understand what they are,
just by reading their names, then jeebus help them.  For those that want
or need shorter names, uMax and uMin are equivalent aliases in
extremes.py

Unless something major happens, this is likely the last message
python-dev will hear from me about PEP 326.

Thank you for all the comments/questions/etc. during the PEP's lifetime.
 - Josiah