[Python-Dev] Switch to VC.NET 7.1 completed

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jan 2 16:40:32 EST 2004

I now have committed the bits for building Python with VC.NET.

Anybody regularly building on Windows should delete
all object files, i.e. the PCBuild/temp folders,
PCBuild/*.{lib,dll,pyd,exe} (probably more, but they should
get generated anew), and object files of prereq libraries
you regularly use.

In the process, I also updated a few prerequisite libraries
to the current versions: Tcl, Sleepycat, openssl (updating
Tcl is not strictly needed - you do need to rebuild it,
though). I have also incorporated a few more modules into

I have moved the VC6 files to PC/VC6. I have no plans of
maintaining them, and they are as they were last in
PCBuild. I see no problem though with somebody else
maintaining the for the time being, if somebody

Please let me know of any problems you encounter.