[Python-Dev] Re: Switching to VC.NET 2003

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 3 16:02:42 EST 2004

Paul Moore wrote:

> That sounds good enough - I know little about MSI, so when you say
> "public property" it doesn't mean much to me. But if it translates to
> "command line option with no GUI interface" then I have no problem at
> all with this - it's for advanced users only, so that's not a problem.

Meanwhile, I have done both: I had to add an "Advanced" dialog, anyway
to support selection of ALLUSERS (or just me). Still, with public
properties, configuration in "unattended installation" (ie. no or
restricted GUI) becomes possible, so I leave the public property in.

I'll release an updated installer shortly.

Regards,
Martin