[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 326: A Case for All

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 5 09:38:12 EST 2004

> Because All has generated as much disagreement as Some did initially,
> All is definitely a poor name.

It goes beyond that.  I don't think that you can convince me that this
is a useful feature under *any* name (since you insist that it be
different from Infinity).

You can revise the PEP all you will, but I think you are wasting your
time.  The feature is not a good addition to Python.  If you want more
reasons, consider all of the negative feedback you've received so far.