[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 11:44:37 EST 2004

    >> Bug/Patch Summary
    >> -----------------
    >>
    >> 618 open / 4468 total bugs (+81)
    Kurt>                               ^^^ is this supposed to be the
    Kurt>                                   change in the period?

Known problem.  Someone (I think) volunteered to look at this awhile ago but
hasn't yet.

    >> 224 open / 2514 total patches (+36)

    Kurt> [...]

    >> Closed Bugs
    >> -----------

    Kurt> [...]

    >> Closed Patches
    >> --------------

    Kurt> What is the algorithm used?  Many of the IDLE bugs and patches
    Kurt> listed here as closed are still open.  I looked at a couple of
    Kurt> non-IDLE items and they were open, also.

I'm not entirely surprised there are problems.  I haven't touched the script
in ages.  It's just a little screen scraper I cobbled together from other
pieces I had lying about, so if there have been any changes to SF's page
layout, this stuff might well break.  I don't suppose SF has developed a
SOAP or XML-RPC interface by now?

I'll take a quick look at the code.  If you'd like to contribute your
eyeballs as well, have a look at

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/getpybugs.py

Skip