[Python-Dev] PEP 326 now online

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Mon Jan 5 16:10:23 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson wrote:
> I've submitted my latest changes that I believe address the concerns
> brought up since I last emailed the list.  Until they are in
> CVS and on
> the standard PEP page, it can be found here:
> http://josiahcarlson.no-ip.org/pep-0326.html
>
> The major change of note: it is no longer a builtin.

My only comment on the changes:
I definitely do not approve of the use of the abbreviations "hi" and
"lo" in place of standard English "high" and "low"--human parsing of
"hi" and "lo" depends upon a familiarity with English which many people
in this world do not possess. In my book, three characters of extra
typing are more than offset by the improved accessibility.

As far as the whole PEP, I'm +0. I'd never use it.

Fighting unnecessary abbreviations wherever they are found,

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org