[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 326 now online

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Jan 6 19:45:22 EST 2004

> Module attributes make sense; make them attributes of object has
> the unfortunate side effect that they will be attributes of *all*
> objects and that doesn't seem a good idea.
> The math module is only appropriate if this is primarily about float
> numbers.  And see PEP 747 in that case.

You mean PEP 754, right?  Just like creating an arbitrarily large
integer, floating point infinity is also arbitrary, and may not be big

I just got a comment from another user suggesting modifying the
min/max.__cmp__ so that they are the actual minimum and maximum.

An interesting approach, which makes some sense to me.

 - Josiah

Right now: