[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/sandbox/msi msilib.py, 1.2, 1.3

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jan 7 15:07:34 EST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:

> Where is cabarc.exe on *your* system?

I have one in the platform SDK directory, but msilib.py finds the one in

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\Bin

I now looked at the .NET MSI file, and found that CabArc.exe is only
installed if the feature "Win32 SDK Tools" is selected, which is a
subfeature of VC++.

As it is optional, I have now removed the assertion that VC++
provides it, and implemented your proposed change.

Regards,
Martin