[Python-Dev] HP-UX clean-up

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 8 17:29:54 EST 2004

    Andrew> My lack of experience with configure make it hard to submit a
    Andrew> patch, so I'll ask python-dev first.

That's okay.  What you gave is a good start.  I have a couple questions
though:

    1.  How can I distinguish the three processors you described (HP/RISC
        32-bit, HP/RISC 64-bit, HP/ITANIUM 64-bit)?  I suspect uname might
        be the culprit.  If so, can you provide uname output for the three
        processors?

    2.  Is there no way to actually create a truly processor-independent
        executable (perhaps by creating a "fat" binary)?

Thx,

Skip