[Python-Dev] collections module

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Fri Jan 9 02:15:05 EST 2004

> None of those can compete with my proposed C implementation
> which pre-allocates around 50 cells at a time and does it's
> read/writes through array lookups.  It avoids all the expensive
> resizing of list and uses C ints instead of PyInts.

That's pretty crazy.  If I had a say, I'd be +1 just because I've seen
so many people using their own {append, pop(0)} queues before.

 - Josiah

P.S. I know knuth had it first, but one never knows how well read anyone
else is.  It is better to err on the side of giving too much information,
than too little.