[Python-Dev] collections module

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 9 18:07:04 EST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Josiah Carlson]
>>There's been a python-based FIFO that is O(1) on {push, pop} and uses
>>lists in the ASPN Python cookbook (adding len is easy):
>>You'd probably be more interested in the variant I posted as a
>>comment; it is significantly faster when the output queue is
> Yup!  Yours is the nicest way to build an efficient (but thread-unsafe)
> queue in Python.

FWIW, if you're interested in fast stacks and queues you may
want to have a look at mxStack and mxQueue from the egenix-mx-base

They have nothing to do with threads (who needs them anyway
when we have copy-on-write :-).

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 06 2004)