[Python-Dev] re: The os module, unix and win32

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Jan 11 19:07:59 EST 2004

Barry writes

But Thomas (who should know) wrote:

>bdist_wininst can create Windows shortcuts in it's postinstall script.

Thomas (off-list) had also given me a cite to some code, which I haven't had
the opportunity to try to digest.

Is this a semantic issue as to what can and cannot be done on Windows with
disutils?

I thought I gathered from Thomas that the functionality he is referencing is
new as of 2.3.

Is this the wrong place to be pursuing this?

Art