[Python-Dev] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] No more releases of MacPython-OS9?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Thu Jan 15 15:18:51 EST 2004

>I'd like to hear what people think the best course of action is,
>especially from people who have a current interest in MacPython-OS9
>(and/or are willing to donate time or money),

We currently use MacPython on OS9 and OS X systems in one of our commercial
effects packages, and appreciate the effort Jack and many others have
contributed to making it happen.

With that said, I believe fully that OS9 is a dead horse and we should
encourage people to migrate to OS X and Mach-O as fast as possible. IMHO,
any effort spent on OS9 is a waste of valuable resources.

There are only so many hours in the day. I'd rather you have a beer on my
behalf than spend any more time on beating the dead horse.