[Python-Dev] Compiling python with the free .NET SDK

Garth garth at garthy.com
Mon Jan 19 15:50:41 EST 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Garth wrote:
>
>> What would be a real help is if someone could send me the console
>> output from the Debug and Release buiilds when you use command line
>> devstudio to build it as some of the xml properties  make no sense
>> but I could probably work out what they mean. Things like
>> 'RuntimeLibrary="2"' have no meaning unless I can see the output.
>

> I've put the build logs into
>
> http://www.dcl.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/home/loewis/buildlog.tgz
>
> I believe the console logs would be useless, as devenv generates
> response files which contain the actual command line arguments.
>
> HTH,
> Martin

Hi,

Thanks for the build logs. Very useful and I can now build the whole of
python with the free microsoft tools and GNU make.

It appears that you still have a dependency on 'largeint.lib' in
pythoncore. This is no longer required and the largeint.h was removed a
in the move to VS.NET. (I think) When I remove it by hand editing the
file python still builds. Can you update the project files in cvs.

Cheers

Garth