[Python-Dev] Re: python-dev Summary for 2004-06-16 through 2004-06-30 [draft]

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 2 21:08:39 CEST 2004

At 10:57 AM 7/2/04 -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
>I would be happy to add a mention, but with Guido not saying that was a
>possibility I just didn't think about it.  It is no way meant to suggest I
>think anything is "unworthy" in terms of what you, Philip, and everyone
>else who helped come up with that implementation.  The summaries are just
>what I happen to think of when I write the summary (which is a first
>draft; I don't proof-read as I am sure some of you may have noticed  =).

Since David's idea allows decorators to be implemented even in Python 2.2
without any special language support, this is actually pretty big news for
anybody who's been waiting with bated breath for Python to support
decorators.  They can now go "roll their own" for 2.2 and 2.3 using a
variant of the syntax Guido first proposed.  So, a mention would be a good
thing, I think.