[Python-Dev] Leading whitespace in Mac IDE script name

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 5 05:54:36 CEST 2004

Jack Jansen wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2004, at 21:12, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
>> There is a long-outstanding bug report about a bunch of file names in
>> the MAC/IDE scripts directory: 764447.  Supposedly this was going to
>> be dealt with after 2.3 became final...
>> I expect that any fix for this report would also fix your problem with
>> the leading white space.
>

> The thing is: we think we're going to get rid of the IDE for 2.4, but
> that will only happen if the replacement is written in time.

Looking at what Just wrote on the bug report, how hard would it be to
add a small preprocessing step to the code which reads these filenames?

The suggestion I made on Sourceforge was to prepend and append single
underscores to all of the filenames, then have a preprocessing step to
remove those before passing the filename lists to the existing code.

E.g "  problematic menu item." ==> "_ problematic menu item._"

Seemed like it might be easier than a wholesale rewrite of the menu
generation mechanism. But then, I don't know how this code works, so I'm
just guessing here :)

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268