[Python-Dev] 2.4a1

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Jul 7 18:07:25 CEST 2004

I plan to start attempting to get a 2.4a1 out the door
in the morning my time. Depending on how that goes, it
will either be then, or on the Friday - I'll post updates
when I see how it's going.

Given we have a couple of bits that haven't landed yet
(such as decorators) I suspect we're probably looking at
about 3 alpha releases - I'm thinking 2-3 weeks between
them. I'd love to get feedback on this - I'll write up
the release plan once I hear back from people.

I'm not too fussed about the code-freeze aspect for the
first alpha - although obviously if you're planning to
check in some horrible massive change, I'd appreciate
the heads up.

Once I'm out of this current week, I should have a lot more
time to dedicate to the testing of the first alpha on a
bunch of different platforms - I don't think there's a huge
amount of point to trying to nail things down before the
first alpha.

I'll be hanging out on #python-dev on freenode if you
want to pop by and ask questions or comments.

Anthony