[Python-Dev] Undo indenting of macros in Include/pyport.h?

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 7 23:03:58 CEST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Brett Cannon]
>
>>Personally I would like to remove the tabs so that grepping is easier
>>and more obvious.  But the tabbing is there since the #ifdef'ing goes
>>three levels deep.
>

> Use Perl instead of grep.  print if /#\s*define/.  Or learn how to
> spell "whitespace" in whatever godforsaken flavor of grep you're
> using.

I just need to come up with a simple Python script that gives you basic
grep functionality using Python regex engine since I have that syntax
memorized (which, I know, is just Perl regex syntax).

> Or upgrade to Windows and buy Source Insight <wink>.

=)  I have used enough Windows lately.  Ugh.  COM is just evil.

>  Or ...
> just don't damage the readability of the code to cater to bad tools.

Yeah, I am not going to touch the file.

-Brett