[Python-Dev] New test failure, test_socket, WinXP

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu Jul 8 15:33:30 CEST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 01:00, Brett C. wrote:
>
> > Personally I am +1 on changing 'www' to 'http' in the test and moving
> > on.
>
> That won't work on Linux, apparently.  Okay, I looked at the Windows
> file that Brett mentioned and it looks like checking 'echo', 'daytime',
> and 'domain' should do the trick.  I'll commit the change.

Having 'echo' first breaks the test on FreeBSD, at the assertion in line
302 of test_socket, because FreeBSD's services file includes records for
protocol "ddp" (AppleTalk over TCP/IP??), including an "echo" on port 4
rather than the expected port 7 for the "tcp" & "udp" protocols.

Would having the list as 'daytime', 'echo', 'domain' cause any other
problems?

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia