[Python-Dev] More joy with test_strptime

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 12 03:18:44 CEST 2004

Brett C. wrote:

Tim, can you insert the lines::
>     print "***%s == %s ?" % (_strptime._TimeRE_cache.locale_time.lang,
>                           _strptime._getlang())
>     _strptime._TimeRE_cache = _strptime.TimeRE()
>     _strptime._regex_cache = {}
> in the function (line 282 should be fine; just as long as you do it
> before any calls to _strptime).

Actually, make sure to stick at line 282 or maybe even higher; it needs
to be done before any strptime or time code is touched.  I just realized
that time.tzname() will be called once you do this and that will
definitely mess the test up if you don't do it soon enough.  Sorry about