[Python-Dev] PyInstance_Check() and new-style classes

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 12 15:08:48 CEST 2004

Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've succeeded in getting the perl module Inline::Python to work with
> new-style classes, but it seems kind of clunky and I'm wonding if someone can
> tell me if I'm doing this "the right way" (TM).

Why does it matter?  I did actually read the rest of your post, but
this failed to leap out at me (apologies if I'm being dumb).

There's no real answer -- there's just not that much difference
between user-defined new-style classes and builtin types (part of
their appeal!) but checking the TP_HEAPTYPE flag in tp_flags may go
some way towards one.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  [3] Modem speeds being what they are, large .avi files were
      generally downloaded to the shell server instead[4].