[Python-Dev] Proposal: C API Macro to decref and set to NULL

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 03:24:29 CEST 2004

[Bob Ippolito]
>> I think it's obvious that this macro has not been made generic yet,
>> given that err, visit, and arg aren't defined anywhere.

[Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)]
> That wasn't my point. Since this is in typeobject.c, my point was that
> it probably should be made "semi-colon safe" even though it's not
> generic yet.

I don't see what's special about typeobject.c.  Since it's not in a
header file, only typeobject.c can see it.  All uses of it within
typeobject.c are correct, and there's nothing wrong with writing a
"good enough" macro for local sane use.

defending-guido-is-an-endless-task<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim