[Python-Dev] What is test__locale supposed to test, anyhow?

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Tue Jul 13 23:37:51 CEST 2004

test__locale, as written, tests that the data we get from nl_langinfo()
matches the data acquired from localeconv(), but it doesn't actually
make sure that any part of this data is correct.  Is this intentional?
Is anybody going to mind if I rewrite this test to check that the
values are actually *correct*?  This will mean more failures on
platforms like solaris, where the system locale data is incorrect.

--
Nick