[Python-Dev] Developer looking to help fix bugs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 15 15:41:45 CEST 2004

Aahz wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004, Mike Mangino wrote:
>
>>Earlier today I added a comment to http://www.python.org/sf/982679 to
>>tell the user how to fix the problem they were having (it was a bug in
>>their code, not python) How do I have somebody close that request? In
>>the future, if I fix one of the issues, is there somebody I should email
>>to make changes?
>

> BTW, have you read http://www.python.org/dev/dev_intro.html
>
> Was it helpful?  If not, what was missing?

More prominent placement of the link to the developer pages on the
python.org home page would be my suggestion. I *still* go looking for a
link to the developer pages in the sidebar, and then go "D'oh" and look
at the menu at the top of the page instead.

For instance, I think making the Developer pages the first link in the
'Community' section in the side bar would make them much easier to find.
(The actual developer pages I quite like - it was finding them in the
first place that I found more difficult than it should have been)

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268