[Python-Dev] Proper tail recursion

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jul 16 01:39:18 CEST 2004

Christopher T King wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>Nearly all extension modules used with CPython should even be *binary*
>>compatible with Stackless.
>
> I didn't know this -- that's quite interesting information.

The only really incompatible module today to my knowledge that I use
is Psyco. I guess there is also one in the PyWin32 package...
Anyway, from today, Psyco is included in my supported module set,
and I'm about to tweak the code generator to support soft-switches
and pickling of Psyco-compiled functions.

Psyco also make a lot of use of frame->f_tstate, so I dropped my
removal of f_tstate.
Instead, I patched the generators to be consistent about f_tstate.
It will always be correct now, even if you call a generator from
different threads.

ciao - chris