[Python-Dev] Does CVS Python work for anyone else?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:08:09 CEST 2004

[Tim]
> On WinXP, it segfaults instantly, while trying to import site.py.  I'm able
> to get into the interpreter by passing -S (skips importing site.py).  Any
> attempt to run the test suite also segfaults instantly, even with -S.

I believe this is repaired now (gross error in new code; missing a
break stmt before a new case in a switch stmt, so an old case fell
into the new code by mistake, leading to a variety of insane
behaviors).

Everyone, please run the test suite before checking code in!  This
isn't what I wanted to spend my smidgen of Python time on tonight.