[Python-Dev] PEP 262 - active?

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Fri Jul 23 08:26:21 CEST 2004

Hey all!

Is anybody actively working on PEP 262? I'm currently in the process of
implementing something like it for a package I'm writing, and I'd be glad to
sponsor the code once it's complete.

I've tried to check out what's in the Python CVS sandbox, but can't get it at
the moment because of network connectivity issues, and the tracker entries on
the bugtracker aren't very helpful either (besides stating that the PEP was
abandoned, and later reopened).

If there's interest, I'll write up a short text describing what my package can
do in addition to what PEP 262 describes, and how it's integrated with
distutils.

Heiko.