[Python-Dev] RE: Python-Dev Digest, Vol 10, Issue 52

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 1 01:20:11 EDT 2004

Jewett, Jim J wrote:
> I doubt I'm the only one who assumed that anything but
> a change suggestion would be counterproductive; that it
> would just be adding a "me too" that slowed down the
> person who could actually check the patch in.

Indeed, adding just "me too" would not be helpful. Instead,
one should add a message: I made such and such tests, they
all passed, I could not find any flaws in the code, and
recommend approval. This would actually help the reviewer.

> If reviews from anyone are welcome, it wouldn't hurt
> to mention that a few more places.  Ideally, it would
> be in the:

I'd rather prefer potential reviewers actually ask
how they could help, or atleast read

http://www.python.org/dev/dev_intro.html

> (3)  developer documentation.  (I can sort of find it in
> but didn't see it until I was already looking specifically
> for information on patch reviews.)

But is it asked too much to read a text "Intro to development"?

My experience is that very few people actually get active
and review patches, even after they learn that they can on
python-dev.

Anyway, if you want to see boilerplate text, propose specific
wording, and I'll add that.

Regards,
Martin