[Python-Dev] Stackless Python

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jun 2 13:50:54 EDT 2004

> >> So what, if the API is the same?

> In my quick attempt to do CSP on top of CPython threads I learned that:
> - It's not as easy as it sounds to get deterministic behavior out of
>   threads, and debugging threaded python apps is no fun.
> - When it does work, the performance sucks compared to Stackless.

The same is probably true for JCSP.  I don't want a feature that can
only be implemented efficiently by using assembler or some other
platform-specific hack (and most uses of longjmp() fall in that
category, despite its status as an ISO standard library function!).
Especially if the proponents keep using efficiency as the most
important property of the feature.