[Python-Dev] Dropping decorator syntax for 2.4?

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jun 2 14:45:35 EDT 2004

Guido van Rossum wrote:
[snip]

> I just want to suggest that we put
> this off and get 2.4 on the road without any decorator syntax at all.
> What do people think of that?

+1 from me.

While I completely understand Bob and Thomas wanting this for PyObjC and
ctypes, respectively, I don't want to rush this.  And I don't think this
is going to suffer from being pushed off indefinitely since enough
people want this feature.  If you need more time to consider how Java
handles it, then take it.  You are BDFL for a reason; your gut feeling
tends be right in the end.

But if you decide not to wait and put in 2.4, I'm +1 on your syntax; as
I said before, your gut tends to be right.

-Brett