[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Misc NEWS, 1.984, 1.985

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 3 00:19:48 EDT 2004

> One more attempt to fix the grammar.
> ! - Unicode objects received two new methods now; iswide()
> and width(). They
> !   query east asian width information according to Unicode TR11.

One more attempt to fix the fix <wink>.

1. "east asian" should be "East Asian".
2. The semi-colon after "now" should be a colon.
3. The "now" after "methods" should be removed.

Given the content changes, I'd now suggest:

"Unicode objects received two new methods: iswide() and width().  These
query East Asian width information, as specified in Unicode TR11."

(To me (and this might be a NZ thing or something) "according to" doesn't
convey the quite same meaning as "as specified in", or "as described by", or
words to that effect; hence the other change.  It's not as important).

=Tony Meyer