[Python-Dev] Re: Empty keyword

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Mon Jun 7 11:57:42 EDT 2004

Hi Facundo,

Thanks for the tip. I don't really give a chance to it to reach Python
release state or whatsoever, but I just wanted to point that IMO it
would meke sense.

It would follow the rules of the None keyword which gives a clean,
reusable, multiplateform and safe wayt to check the null-validity of any
types.

And I was a bit estonished yesterday that Python didn't follow the same
principle for the emptyness of a value.

Anyhow, I don't think it is worth a PEP as if it was that critical it
would already be in Python :)

Cheers anyway
- Sylvain