[Python-Dev] various test failures - test_site, test_tempfile, test_bsddb/anydbm

Brett bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 8 14:28:06 EDT 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
[snip]
> On both Mac OS X and Linux (Mandrake 8.1-ish) test_site fails with:
>
>     test test_site failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "/home/skip/tmp/python/dist/src/Lib/test/test_site.py", line 150, in test_sitepackages
> 	self.fail("'site-packages' directory missing'")
>     AssertionError: 'site-packages' directory missing'
>
> This seems like a problem with the test itself.  It should be okay to run
> the tests in the build directory without a site-packages directory.

This is my fault.  The test has been removed since it passed only if you
had installed Python previously (didn't depend on the location of the
executable).  Probably should add it back in at some point, but only
after some detection can be done to see if an installation has occurred
to make the test conditional.

-Brett

P.S.: Sorry for the delayed response; on vacation visiting my father.