[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Pythonpystrtod.c, NONE, 2.1 compile.c, 2.302, 2.303 marshal.c, 1.76, 1.77

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Tue Jun 8 05:17:48 EDT 2004

> > Are we sure the SF CVS problem has been resolved?  If not, maybe it
> would be
> > best to hold off on checkins for now.

> Are we sure that we are notified when the problems (whatever they are)
> get resolved? We may wait forever - or we may risk to duplicate work
> if it turns out that an old repository gets restored.

Right now, the checkin, checkout, update process is working fine.

IMO, we should continue as if it were a one-time problem.

Holding-off on checkins at this point may keep some work from getting
done at all (I suspect that the several recent contributions were all
done on borrowed time).  IOW, I would rather run the risk of having to
re-apply than to risk that contributions temporarily stop.


More information about the Python-Dev mailing list