[Python-Dev] LC_NUMERIC proto-PEP

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Fri Jun 11 19:37:01 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 01:33:49AM +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> >Hello there,
> >
> >    Now that the LC_NUMERIC patch has gone in (and we're set to live
> >with it for the forseeable future) would it make sense to update the PEP
> >and have it added to the PEP list? It would at least count as
> >"complete" documentation for the change in the upcoming What's New
> >document.
> >
> >How do people feel about this?
>
> I don't like documentation inside PEPs. Documentation should live
> inside the documentation.

Well, maybe I should have used the word "change rationale" instead of
documentation. In any case, the document describes the original problem
statement, potential solutions, and the process through which a solution
was devised.

Is the general opinion it's not worth being published?

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331