[Python-Dev] VC 7.1 maintenance?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 16:46:36 EDT 2004

[M.-A. Lemburg]
> Are we going to have a VC7.1 binary of Python 2.4 for Windows ?

That's indeed my understanding of The Plan today.  More, we will not have a
VC6 binary for Python 2.4.  That may be controversial, but nobody has
volunteered to produce an installer for a VC6 version.

> (Just asking whether it's time to finally open the VC7 shrink-
>   wrap box ;-)

Yup.  IIRC, it took about 3GB of disk space to do a full install (including
copying all the docs to disk).  After it's installed, you won't recognize
it, and will feel completely lost.  This is a learning experience <wink>.