[Python-Dev] VC 7.1 maintenance?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jun 24 01:15:38 EDT 2004

Jack Jansen wrote:
>> That's indeed my understanding of The Plan today.  More, we will not
>> have a
>> VC6 binary for Python 2.4.  That may be controversial, but nobody has
>> volunteered to produce an installer for a VC6 version.
>

> Does this mean that the final answer to the question of whether VC7 was
> GPL-compatible was "yes"?

I don't recall that the question has been asked before - let alone
recalling an answer to it.

If you were wondering about the question "is it possible to build
extension modules for a VC7 compiled Python without having to buy
VC7", then this question would have nothing to do with legal issues,
but much more with technical ones.

Regards,
Martin