[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 11:27:34 EDT 2004

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> * Which of the numerous possible syntax variations should be
>   used/recommended:

Just a reminder, but I believe that Guido has already pronounced to
the effect that there are only 3 contenders left:

    @staticmethod
    def foo(a,b,c):
        pass

    [staticmethod]
    def foo(a,b,c):
        pass

and

    def foo(a,b,c) [staticmethod]:
        pass

Hey - guess what? Writing them out like that, I find that my initial
preference for the 3rd one has gone. To be honest, I no longer have a
strong opinion between the three. In fact, if anything, I'd say I have
a very mild preference for Guido's option (number 2). I dislike the
ambiguity problem with it, though.

Paul
--
"Bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."