[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jun 29 09:49:14 EDT 2004

At 07:55 AM 6/29/04 -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
>Sorry, yes, you're correct.  I apologize to Phil and the list.  It's just
>rather frustrating to get beat all to hell (and told patronizingly to
>"read" a freakin' PEP I've read, repeatedly, before even speaking up) for
>no apparent reason just for raising what IMHO are rather legitimate concerns.

I merely suggested that you review the PEP and discussions, because the
concerns you were trying to bring up have been rehashed on Python-Dev about
six or seven times over the lifetime of the PEP, to the best of my
recollection.  Also if I recall correctly, Guido weighed in on at least one
or two of those threads pointing out that there was not going to be any
practical restriction put on decorators, even if some uses might be
considered a bit gauche.

I'm sorry if you took my suggestion as implying anything more than
that.  However, such was not my intention.