[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Jun 30 02:44:48 EDT 2004

David Abrahams wrote:
> I just want to point out that Guido has been basically silent ever
> since this discussion re-started and it has now degenerated into a
> mostly-philosophical debate.  I suggest it might be worth waiting for
> him to respond before it spirals any further away from what was asked
> for :)

As I said in the original email that re-opened this can of worms:

     Guido is undecided on the syntax - he writes "I'm seriously
     considering doing it Java-style", but adds that he is totally
     swamped for the next two weeks.

I don't think the philosophical arguments about decorators are
particularly useful at this point. It seems very likely that they
will be in 2.4, in a form that Guido decides is least offensive
to his aesthetic judgement.