[Python-Dev] Status of patch 764217, fix for tkFond.Font(name=)?

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 8 16:31:53 EST 2004

Russell E. Owen wrote:

> I submitted patch 764217
>  awhile ago and it got some intial interest, but after applying the
> requested changes I've not heard anything for quite awhile.
>
> The summary of the patch is: kFont.Font(name=xxx) crashes if a font by
> the specified name already exists. This is a problem for several
> reasons, the main one being that it makes life really tough if you want
> to create a new tkFont.Font object for a given Tcl named font.
>
> Is there anything I can do to get this moving again? I don't want to be
> pushy, but I was certainly hoping to get it into Python 2.4.

Nothing beyond what you have done; send an email here.  Now you just
need to hope that it catches a developer's eye and motivates them enough
to look over the patch and apply it (unfortunately I am not that
developer; I don't know anything about Tkinter).

-Brett