[Python-Dev] dateutil

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 11 10:32:25 EST 2004

    Gustavo> Yes, it's time for the classical question. ;-)
    Gustavo> What's your opinion about the inclusion of the dateutil[1]
    Gustavo> extension in the standard library?

    Gustavo> [1] https://moin.conectiva.com.br/DateUtil

There is another module loose in the wild which handles recurring dates:

    http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/recur.py
    http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/test_recur.py

Since this is an area which has had very little attention I'd like to see if
there are ideas in one or both modules which can be used to arrive at a "one
true solution" to this problem.  In fact, it's a significant enough problem
all on its own that I suspect it might be worth separating out from other
(simpler?) date manipulations.

Skip