[Python-Dev] Changes to PEP 327: Decimal data type

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Mar 18 12:45:07 EST 2004

> p.s., I'm definitely +1 on making a stronger statement in the style
> guide.  Consistency is good.

OK.  Then here is my pronouncement (somebody else can edit the PEP):
for the standard library (C and Python code), we'll use
lowercase_with_underscores for all new modules, allowing camelCase
only in contexts where that's already the prevailing style
(e.g. threading.py), to retain backwards compatibility.

Third parties are encouraged to adhere to the same style but it
doesn't make sense to tell large code bases to change.