[Python-Dev] PEP 318 - posting draft

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Mar 24 15:27:21 EST 2004

At 11:56 AM 3/24/04 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Can you reformulate that as an addendum to the PEP?  It really needs
>good motivation for class decorators.
>
>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

Are you sure it should be an addendum, as opposed to just being folded into
the PEP's various sections?  For example, the 'singleton' example is
already in the Examples section, so should it just be addition to motivation?

OTOH, I guess I could see putting brief mentions in those sections, and
then having an appendix for a detailed explanation of how much harder it is
to do decorator-like things with metaclasses.

And on the other other hand, maybe citing my email in the Python-dev
archive would suffice in place of that appendix.  :)

Anyway, let me know which way I should go.