[Python-Dev] Last chance!

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Mon Mar 29 10:52:38 EST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 10:23 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Since the profiler is being invoked from the thread being profiled,
> how could it end up not being in the same thread?
>
> (If I am missing something, I must be missing a *lot* about your
> design, so you might want to say quite a bit more on how it works.)

...previous reply to this email deleted after some testing...

Nevermind, the specific situation that I was concerned about actually
can't occur.  I wasn't sure that I could make a guarantee that the
profiler would be invoked from the same thread as the code being
profiled in all cases of thread destruction, but that appears to be an
unwarranted concern.

--
Nick