[Python-Dev] Re: Timing for Py2.4

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 14:38:55 EST 2004

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> writes:

> I'll try to add a 2.4 binary to the next ctypes release

That would be good.

> although I'm not completely sure that bdist_wininst works with
> 2.4.

Ouch. One other thought I had, based on some comments from Gareth, was
that getting distutils to work with the free MS compilers would be
good. I'm not sure what would be involved, or if I could help (I'm not
familiar with the distutils code, though...)

> IIRC, I had some problems using bdist_wininst with the now current
> zlib 1.2.1. I could do the same for pywin32 (although I don't have
> the more exotic SDK's installed, and I don't build autoduck docs).

At one stage Mark Hammond was producing snapshot preview builds of
pywin32 for Python 2.3. Maybe he would be willing to do the same for
2.4? Getting pywin32 binaries for 2.4 would make it much more viable
for Windows users to try out 2.4.

> But I cannot help with the other extensions you mention.

No problem. It's just a fact of alpha-testing life...

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank